#Heisenbeans Genetics

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
View attachment 60069
At week 3 of flower, having a hard time deciding whether to defoliate this plant or not..

Leaning towards letting the leafs live and slowly remove older ones over time. But then again, thinking of cutting them to reduce chance of lateral branching..

What would you do and why? Thanks ~
I would leave it unless you’re worried about the lowers getting light. They seems pretty spread out right now. I would think about keeping most of them and removing the few that are blocking the most light to the lowers :)

Sparrowhawk420

Insanely Active Member
How many of you guys run supplemental UV?
I do and in my experience you get more frost, more colourful/purple bud and slightly less yield.................my opinion and observations are purely anecdotal tho...........I'm actually gonna cut down on how long I have them running next time.

On another note, just smoking some Cake'n'Chem for the first time and while it wasn't very pretty, it is potent and very chemmy. Chopped a little early at 10 weeks, Stardawg dad leaner for sure, which ain't a bad thing cos he does bring the funk:love:

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I got some uv bulbs but havent installed em yet. Still having issues with my grow

Always read where frost and potency increase. What i read is something like 15 min on amd 2 hr off. And outside grown plants are always more frosty than under my led
Here is a good article by dennis brown probably a bit of sales pitch in it since talking about their tubes but also informative. https://www.solacure.com/hydromag1.html

I got some uv bulbs but havent installed em yet. Still having issues with my grow

Always read where frost and potency increase. What i read is something like 15 min on amd 2 hr off. And outside grown plants are always more frosty than under my led
Most studies show a slight increase in thc% and terpenes. I’m planning on running them for 4 hours during flower.

suthrngrwr

Transcendental Humanist, AnCap & Weed Enthusiast
Here I have Topanga Wedding , Ice Cream Dream, Purple Dream and Oilslick all day 49 of 12/12. On a side note the topanga wedding is smelling like shit I mean straight up shit like someone dropped a fresh deuce right on her canopy. Anyone else came across this poop pheno??
group shotView attachment 59997
purple dream
View attachment 59998View attachment 59999
topanga wedding aka Big shitty
View attachment 60000View attachment 60001
ice cream dream
View attachment 60002View attachment 60003
oilslick(smallest in the box but thickest stem)
View attachment 60004View attachment 60005
This should be fun. My Topanga Wedding plants are quite a bit larger. I got them up to 4 feet tall (including ~10 inches of planter) before inducing flower. They are cruising through week 3 so there isn’t much bud development just yet. Why’d you nickname that plant the big shitty?

Check out some Boorilla on day 29 of flower...
C23B1AA7-849A-4BC9-AA3D-61F8CDCAF6F3.jpeg
C8F75E9D-65C7-423B-ABFF-E0909CBA985C.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thanks you guys ~
Ill leave em on there and pluck em at a later time as they fade or get in the way. Didn't see a reason but for aesthetics really..

Appreciate the feedback!
Another thing to think about - leaves are "input" that provide photosynthesis for the plant.
Instead of taking leaves so lower buds get light, leave the leaves! Try a side-by-side trying to get light to buds on one, and just pruning potential shaded-larf on another. You'll see beefier buds on the one with more foliage and less flower-sites.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Here is a good article by dennis brown probably a bit of sales pitch in it since talking about their tubes but also informative. https://www.solacure.com/hydromag1.html

Thats the brand i bought. Solarcure.

Ive read other articles talking about an increase of 30% in potency. I dont really know about all that but mainly id like to get my inside plants more frosty like my outside plants are.
I think some plants possibly could see an increase of 30% but clearly not all. I think those that would just are the ones who react to UV in that way. Would be a lower thc variety to begin with. Like jumping from 6% to 8.2% thc. I think maybe a plant with a 20% thc increase could possibly jump to 22%. A level you are not really going to tell just a huge difference.
Im just after bag appeal.

First i have to stop plants from dying on me.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
Thats the brand i bought. Solarcure.

Ive read other articles talking about an increase of 30% in potency. I dont really know about all that but mainly id like to get my inside plants more frosty like my outside plants are.
I think some plants possibly could see an increase of 30% but clearly not all. I think those that would just are the ones who react to UV in that way. Would be a lower thc variety to begin with. Like jumping from 6% to 8.2% thc. I think maybe a plant with a 20% thc increase could possibly jump to 22%. A level you are not really going to tell just a huge difference.
Im just after bag appeal.

First i have to stop plants from dying on me.
As I said I run my solarcure 2 hours a day keeping 16 inches down but have a couple that have grown with in 12 inches with no visible signs of stress. One thing is you don't have to penetrate all the way down, these work by stressing the plant so by stressing the tops the whole plant is actually effected. I will have bottom buds that are total snowballs.