Pro's not so pro grow.

pinner420

Finally on a roll....
Yeah I'll have to tone it down for sure. I've been pulling over 1.5lbs outta these 5x5s each run. Maybe only run one room a year. 🤣 The legality sure ruined this state. Seams people would rather go to the store and spend their money on fancy packaging and whatnot. 🤷‍♂️
Playing Xbox doesn't pay that well! I'm not really sure how the economy works anymore now that they send it all to ukraine...

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Playing Xbox doesn't pay that well! I'm not really sure how the economy works anymore now that they send it all to ukraine...
We won't have to worry about money after the big eclipse
and the New Madrid earthquake on monday. lol
I'll bet the squatters have their new homes "cased" and ready to move in,
since everyone in the country is leaving town to simple look up. lol
Ohio is gonna be about the only state that will be having clear skies and in the 70's.
I'm gonna sit on a lawn chair in my back yard and stare at the sun.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
We won't have to worry about money after the big eclipse
and the New Madrid earthquake on monday. lol
I'll bet the squatters have their new homes "cased" and ready to move in,
since everyone in the country is leaving town to simple look up. lol
Ohio is gonna be about the only state that will be having clear skies and in the 70's.
I'm gonna sit on a lawn chair in my back yard and stare at the sun.
u sound like me why go some where else for 2 min. view time

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Ya we are in direct path Here too..
All this build up for 4 n half mins of darkness..
Supposed to hit here around 2 pm ..
Got my 1.98 glasses from wallys world.. shud b good to go...lol
I hope it doesn't fuck up my "light cycle" Hahaha!
They must be expecting big crowds to have National Guard and 10 nuclear scientists in Texas or Oklahoma.
Cern is firing up the 8th and Nasa is launching 3 rockets and you can't forget the "Devil's Comet" will be seen.
Has the "red heifer" been BBQ'd by the priests in a "secret" location yet?
That's gonna leave a mark.
Monday will be a day to remember for the world.
I call them "ruling days".
A shitload could happen or nothing happens.
I figure there will be multiple mass shootings or maybe worse.
I'm glad I live in "Noddathing Forya" Ohio. lol

Streetpro09

Tester
I hope it doesn't fuck up my "light cycle" Hahaha!
They must be expecting big crowds to have National Guard and 10 nuclear scientists in Texas or Oklahoma.
Cern is firing up the 8th and Nasa is launching 3 rockets and you can't forget the "Devil's Comet" will be seen.
Has the "red heifer" been BBQ'd by the priests in a "secret" location yet?
That's gonna leave a mark.
Monday will be a day to remember for the world.
I call them "ruling days".
A shitload could happen or nothing happens.
I figure there will be multiple mass shootings or maybe worse.
I'm glad I live in "Noddathing Forya" Ohio. lol
Can't say that i even know what time its supposed to happen. If I'm outside and it gets dark, I'll take note.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks man. It'll surely be a room full with tomorrow being two weeks from flip. Probably gotta start bending some tops over before the room gets too uneven. That one in the middle is about an inch away from the lights!
I thought they looked pretty close to the lights.
Do you spray the foliage before starting the bending and twisting on the branches?
I foliage spray up to around 3 weeks.
For me, it makes the stems really "pliable" and way easier to manipulate the branch where you want it.
I just use my index finger and thumb and pull up on the plant,
then roll the stem over my index finger like a hair curler.
The upward pressure is the "trick."
It can't get a kink and snap this way.
Sorry, I'm knowledge babbling again.

Streetpro09

Tester
Oh you're good! Always like to hear others tech.

I never foliage spray, even when they're about dead, seedlings too. Just seems unnatural. Lol. Like weed plants growing in water are. Lol.

When i get to bending i just do the deed. I use protek so the stems get pretty hard sometimes but during stretch they are usually nice and soft. Usually I'll just reach in there and pinch/crush the stem with my index and thumb. About an inch maybe two up the stem so that it bends over smooth like what you do. Last ones i bent over i had to crush the stems with needle nose pliers they were so hard. That was about 4 weeks after flip, iirr

I'll have to try your upward pressure and see what happens, sounds like a good idea.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN

I never foliage spray, even when they're about dead, seedlings too. Just seems unnatural. Lol. Like weed plants growing in water are. Lol.

When i get to bending i just do the deed. I use protek so the stems get pretty hard sometimes but during stretch they are usually nice and soft. Usually I'll just reach in there and pinch/crush the stem with my index and thumb. About an inch maybe two up the stem so that it bends over smooth like what you do. Last ones i bent over i had to crush the stems with needle nose pliers they were so hard. That was about 4 weeks after flip, iirr

I'll have to try your upward pressure and see what happens, sounds like a good idea.
My theory behind it is the fibers begin to relax and stretch like hanging upside down on a gravity machine. Pulls and opens your joints allowing fluids in between your disks, thus easing all that built up pain and pressure. Not quite chiropractic but kinda, I guess.
I think it relaxes the plant in a way.
Just bending it and getting it over with seems like stem interrogation tactics to me. Imagine someone grabbing your middle finger in the middle,
and then snap, like opening a beer bottle. lol
I don't like to break or mangle the stem exposing it to pathogens and diseases by trauma/stress of an open wound.
I just had it happen on one of the contest plants.
It got a horrible looking place, developed some type of lesion/mold or something formed in that spot only.
It was where I mangled it too many times twisting the branch over to keep from developing mold problems. lol
I kept hitting it with high alkaline water, but it still kept developing tiny PM spots.
It was near harvest window, high alkaline water is all I will use when they are that far along.
Take your time and experiment and refine your technique but use the upward pressure to your advantage.
It becomes second nature once you get the hang of it.
Oh, and a plant likes to be twisted in a certain direction.
It will fight you if you are going the wrong way.
You'll see.
Wooo!
I've dumped more of my "private" learnin's over the years.
It's what separates me from the other 99.99% of growers.
Aaaa, I like you all.
But I really do, know it all.
But sometimes, I get lazy, that is all. lol
Ok I think I've pestered this thread enough.
so goodnight...
you all!

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
My theory behind it is the fibers begin to relax and stretch like hanging upside down on a gravity machine. Pulls and opens your joints allowing fluids in between your disks, thus easing all that built up pain and pressure. Not quite chiropractic but kinda, I guess.
I think it relaxes the plant in a way.
Just bending it and getting it over with seems like stem interrogation tactics to me. Imagine someone grabbing your middle finger in the middle,
and then snap, like opening a beer bottle. lol
I don't like to break or mangle the stem exposing it to pathogens and diseases by trauma/stress of an open wound.
I just had it happen on one of the contest plants.
It got a horrible looking place, developed some type of lesion/mold or something formed in that spot only.
It was where I mangled it too many times twisting the branch over to keep from developing mold problems. lol
I kept hitting it with high alkaline water, but it still kept developing tiny PM spots.
It was near harvest window, high alkaline water is all I will use when they are that far along.
Take your time and experiment and refine your technique but use the upward pressure to your advantage.
It becomes second nature once you get the hang of it.
Oh, and a plant likes to be twisted in a certain direction.
It will fight you if you are going the wrong way.
You'll see.
Wooo!
I've dumped more of my "private" learnin's over the years.
It's what separates me from the other 99.99% of growers.
Aaaa, I like you all.
But I really do, know it all.
But sometimes, I get lazy, that is all. lol
Ok I think I've pestered this thread enough.
so goodnight...
you all!
You forgot to tell him to wash his hands lol.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

i use a really old pair of electricans pliers the hinge is shot, and the edges are rounded so they, leave no sharp crushed stems,i have to really get rough to crush a stalk enough to bust it open!