Stress relieving varieties.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Just wondering what you good folks have come across that helped with that knot in your chest stress. I'm not talking about being sedated by dankness, more like "chill baby, be cool" take a breath, reflect, do some yoga/stretch, whatever kind of effects (it doesn't have to be strictly THC either).

Being in the garden and tending to the plants is a great stress relieving activity even when there's PM, bugs, etc. to deal with. But I can't be in the garden all the time.

Just wondering amigos. Thanks for any input.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My weed lights are on at night so during that time I go sit by the tents with them open and "check the plants" with no goal in mind. I might prune something or not. I try to stay away from "time to lean, time to clean" if I go in there specifically to chill. But scissors or a rag are usualy involved :cool:

Daytime it's the outdoor veggie garden, or just a walk in my woods. My land is very hilly so a walk is good exercise. Mowing/collecting compost is another chill time. Walking in circles with tunes in the ear.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Vaping a half cap (Dynavap), turn on some tunes and pop sticks helps me destress, but its also stressful to worry about having enough to last the burning season. I've been working on trying to get a year or more ahead so I can burn dry wood (and not worry about bucking and splitting in case something were to happen to me). I wanted to get two truckloads this year but we had to buy a washing machine earlier in the month. The last three years I've been burning wet wood which make me worried about messing up my wood boiler. But I do like to think about the mulch I'm accumulating for the low spots or sand patches.
20220815_162514.jpg
20220815_163037.jpg
I think I need a bigger saw

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Vaping a half cap (Dynavap), turn on some tunes and pop sticks helps me destress, but its also stressful to worry about having enough to last the burning season. I've been working on trying to get a year or more ahead so I can burn dry wood (and not worry about bucking and splitting in case something were to happen to me). I wanted to get two truckloads this year but we had to buy a washing machine earlier in the month. The last three years I've been burning wet wood which make me worried about messing up my wood boiler. But I do like to think about the mulch I'm accumulating for the low spots or sand patches.
View attachment 118878
View attachment 118879
Or smaller goals :ROFLMAO:

Streetpro09

Tester
View attachment 118878
View attachment 118879
That's a good load. How many cord are there and how many do you burn a year? I usually burn around 4-5.

Definitely a good reason to buy a newer, bigger saw. Is that your only saw?

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
That's 12 cord (a full truckload). We usually burn about 8-10 cords. My guess is that it would be closer to 7-9 if it was dry. Whatever is leftover from last year is nice and seasoned and I use that to get the fire going in the morning.

And to be clear I vape AFTER running the saw to get loosey-goosey to split.

@H.A.F. Two is one, one is none

Streetpro09

Tester
That's 12 cord (a full truckload). We usually burn about 8-10 cords. My guess is that it would be closer to 7-9 if it was dry. Whatever is leftover from last year is nice and seasoned and I use that to get the fire going in the morning.
You'd definitely use less and probably wouldn't have near the amount of creosote buildup.

I have an indoor wood stove and can tell you dry wood makes a longer lasting hotter fire. Wood boiler is probably a little different with the induction fan.

I was part of this firewood forum once. Their moto was too be three years ahead on firewood. That way even oak had time to dry. They claim oak dries about 1" per year. Obviously temp and sun exposure will play a large role. Dry wood is just so nice to work with.

Yep, it's a Stihl MS250. Great little saw, I just need a bit more power. Looking at the MS261 with the same size bar (18")
While a 261 is probably a good saw, engine size is not much more than the 250. From what i looked up 250=45cc 3hp 261=50cc 4hp. You'd probably notice a difference but not a large enough improvement for the money spent. Id recommend something right around 60cc for firewood with a 18-20" bar. 65-70cc would also be a good option if you have the money. The bigger the saw, the smaller that pile will look. 😉

I talked myself into a 95cc saw earlier this year. 🤣😅 I should be set on saw for the rest of my life. Maybe i could use a top handle one still. 🤔🤣😅

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 118878
View attachment 118879every for everytime, i've thought this will do all i will need to do, a bigger job comes around.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Learned a lot from this. Its not perfect but Andrew nails the mechanics of how the body and cannaboid receptors works.

I don't have the ~3hrs right now but definitely interested.

FYI - one of my desert island strains is my favorite because of the super relaxing effects - for my body (disclaimer) - no matter what the circumstances. If I just want to have a good chill day it's a wake-n-bake. If I got a wierd buzz from some other weed it'll fix that shit right up. Basically, it is my perfect high regardless of situation.

That County Line Hash Plant mom is now a piece of history only available in seed form due to a fucking hurricane. I snagged another handfull of packs to go with the packs I for some reason bought before the hurricane. I'm stocked up that and other stuff I wanted - now you can sift through what's left and help @J.James out

Products – COUNTY LINE GENETICS

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
You'd definitely use less and probably wouldn't have near the amount of creosote buildup.

I have an indoor wood stove and can tell you dry wood makes a longer lasting hotter fire. Wood boiler is probably a little different with the induction fan.

I was part of this firewood forum once. Their moto was too be three years ahead on firewood. That way even oak had time to dry. They claim oak dries about 1" per year. Obviously temp and sun exposure will play a large role. Dry wood is just so nice to work with.

While a 261 is probably a good saw, engine size is not much more than the 250. From what i looked up 250=45cc 3hp 261=50cc 4hp. You'd probably notice a difference but not a large enough improvement for the money spent. Id recommend something right around 60cc for firewood with a 18-20" bar. 65-70cc would also be a good option if you have the money. The bigger the saw, the smaller that pile will look. 😉

I talked myself into a 95cc saw earlier this year. 🤣😅 I should be set on saw for the rest of my life. Maybe i could use a top handle one still. 🤔🤣😅
good dry wood = less chance of a stove pipe fire!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 118878
View attachment 118879
shhiitt vato u been busy!

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
for me i think, a good saw mill would help with additions, on the wood shed.
I've thought about it but my neighbor runs a sawmill and has a big ass kiln. I've spoken to him a couple times and he had a pretty good relationship with the previous owner of our house and offered me free wood shavings (for our animals or garden) and cut ends (he has a mountain of both). It just feels weird to take him up on that with nothing to offer in return.
I heard the other that he broke his hip last weekend from another neighbor so I plan on going over there tomorrow to offer any help this winter feeding their wood boiler or cutting and splitting any wood he has or whatever. I have more time now that I got my wood done.

If I did drop some coin on a machine it would be a wood processor to finish my wood in a week vs a couple months (and maybe make a business out of it) plus I could help out the neighbors get their wood done too since they are on the older side.

Finished it up a few weeks ago. Now I need more for next year
20221019_131400.jpg

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 118878
View attachment 118879
looks like the way, my yard did in the 70's early 80's!
I've thought about it but my neighbor runs a sawmill and has a big ass kiln. I've spoken to him a couple times and he had a pretty good relationship with the previous owner of our house and offered me free wood shavings (for our animals or garden) and cut ends (he has a mountain of both). It just feels weird to take him up on that with nothing to offer in return.
I heard the other that he broke his hip last weekend from another neighbor so I plan on going over there tomorrow to offer any help this winter feeding their wood boiler or cutting and splitting any wood he has or whatever. I have more time now that I got my wood done.

If I did drop some coin on a machine it would be a wood processor to finish my wood in a week vs a couple months (and maybe make a business out of it) plus I could help out the neighbors get their wood done too since they are on the older side.

Finished it up a few weeks ago. Now I need more for next year
View attachment 122044
it's a never ending process,for sure