The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The CLHP got her last veg feeding, and will probably get an up-pot and flip in the next week. Zkittles auto got up-potted. I snipped the fans on the NL and pruned her down to 4 tops. If she doesn't start to stretch ??? IMG_4284.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have been wondering if the Nova is worth the investment? Was all convinced then I read some "don't waste your money" reviews an I talked myself out of it, how long have you been using it? It's holding up?
The other thing I am using it for is long term storage of flower/keif. Since I grow just for me, I have excess. I am starting to pick up a bottle of Everclear every time I go out (which ain't often) and washing some of it to keep as weed-a-hol. If you do this with green flower you get a smokable product if you reduce it to concentrate, but you can't eat it. With decarbed you can get high off of it through ingestion.

Lots you can do with that. up to and including reducing it to edible concentrate. But I have canna-salt (making spice rubs with it) and canna-sugar that should never really go bad. The alcohol itself is also perfect long term storage as long as you get the sediment out (probably doesn't matter like it does in oil)

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Dude!

I never got off on ANY edible until I tried this. They have a sale going right now and I would grab the small one. I can't justify the large one, but @gwheels has one and likes it. I bought a second one last 4/20 sale if that means anything...
I make ALOT of pain salves, I have a magic butter machine but the decarb process stinks up the entire house, I often question my decarb, a few buddies been wanting gummy bears so it has me thinking again...good to know thank you!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I make ALOT of pain salves, I have a magic butter machine but the decarb process stinks up the entire house, I often question my decarb, a few buddies been wanting gummy bears so it has me thinking again...good to know thank you!
This is not completely smell proof, but it is definitely not loud. The cup on the small one is about the size of a can of soup. You can fit an ounce of dense nug in there, but I am never doing that much. Get the silicone insert if it is not included. That will let you do the hash and even concentrates without the mess.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
it has me thinking again...
Read on their site. I have never put much value in weed testing, since the high rarely matches the THC content, and the bud they tested was probably the best one on the best plant, etc.

But testing the same bud or concentrate before and after decarb to show the efficacy of the machine is what sold me. If almost 100% of the THC was converted with no loss, and it's perfect every time? Take my money... I have two in case one breaks and I'll buy another.

Whatever was there to start with, you get to use after decarb. Except the terps, but those still come through different in each strain.

It never gets above 120F, and there is a chip or sensor that adjusts the time based on weight. It is just consistent, all I can ask for.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Dude!

I never got off on ANY edible until I tried this. They have a sale going right now and I would grab the small one. I can't justify the large one, but @gwheels has one and likes it. I bought a second one last 4/20 sale if that means anything...
The ardent nova is too small for me. But it worked until they made the FX
The FX can hold 3 to 4 oz of buds and you can put in up to 23 oz of coconut oil to infuse. I use it a lot. You really can't go wrong with either.

What it is really good for is KNOWING you got the max conversion to useable edible THC, The most value for your cannabis.

And decarbed cannabis can be kept in a jar without THC degredation for a very long time. I do them by strain and mix them up to get desired effect edibles :D

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The ardent nova is too small for me. But it worked until they made the FX
The FX can hold 3 to 4 oz of buds and you can put in up to 23 oz of coconut oil to infuse. I use it a lot. You really can't go wrong with either.

What it is really good for is KNOWING you got the max conversion to useable edible THC, The most value for your cannabis.

And decarbed cannabis can be kept in a jar without THC degredation for a very long time. I do them by strain and mix them up to get desired effect edibles :D
Exactly! I have started decarbing my "extra" weed. I am constantly smoking new stuff. and my stuff is getting better all the time. So I am going back to the 3-4 month old stuff and getting a second opinion. If I still have it at that point it is likely not a favorite. A few have made the top shelf after a longer cure, especially any leafy ones that were still harsh after a month.

But anything that dosn't wow me get's the Nova.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Haven't highlighted this little beauty yet, but the contrast in the tent made me pull her out for a look.
IMG_4304.JPG
IMG_4311.JPG
Vin Santo is Purple Jelly Pie x Oilspill. I have NO pie LOL The stem rub on this is straight oily kerosene, with a hint of burnt rubber smoke.
IMG_4312.JPG
This could be a mascot strain for the tent behind it. The leaves have the same black with green stripes thing :cool:
IMG_4315.JPGIMG_4320.JPGIMG_4322.JPG

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
This is not completely smell proof, but it is definitely not loud. The cup on the small one is about the size of a can of soup. You can fit an ounce of dense nug in there, but I am never doing that much. Get the silicone insert if it is not included. That will let you do the hash and even concentrates without the mess.
I typically do one ounce of each THC & CBD=abacus, anyone else decarb any high cbd strains? Once decarb I put it all in my magic butter machine with cold pressed coconut oil from Costco it's great stuff IMO, well ardent owes you a finders fee cause I am ordering one up.... Thanks guys

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My eyes are getting old, but I have the tall Mimms tentatively markes as a girl. Very calyx-y looking thingy with an almost pistilly thing on top, with no nutty looking things :) The two shorties have nothing yet.
IMG_4344.JPG
The Headbanger Z is fat and getting chunkier. Got some twinkies hidden somewhere. IMG_4349.JPGIMG_4350.JPG
And the Grapefruit is smelling like another winner like the Sangria Cookies. Smells like you want to take a bite out of it.
IMG_4345.JPG
They're almost all brown now on top but putting out a few last gasp new ones, the undergrowth still has a few white curlies.
IMG_4346.JPG
Might harvest the three leaves soon :ROFLMAO: IMG_4348.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Might harvest the three leaves soon :ROFLMAO:
Actually... I think not counting days on calendars until after the fact helps keep you honest. Was checking trichs on everything and both Grapefruit were at or above 5% amber. If there is one downside she's leafy, and I guess they hid the obvious from a casual glance. I just happened to notice on that pic above that all those lower tops on the first plant were completely brown. Checked the calendar, and this flip (with the Headbanger Z and Vin Santo) is at day 70 today. The oilspill looksd to be next, and I'll have to look closer at the HZ.
IMG_4375.JPG
I didn't get but one good pic before I chopped them. Should have checked the camera first. But in the realm of weed plants she never looked pretty - just awesome. There was almost no kief on the leaves I trimmed, and when I get to trimming it doesn't look like I'll get a lot, But that is about the only "downside" I see. What is there will be terp-filled. If it gets me high I think I'll top-shelf it.
IMG_4368.JPG
This should work out to about a taster-bowl :) IMG_4376.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Those got watered last night so it should work well for them drying slower.

I got 338g and 352g not counting the leaf buds :) Should dry to over 5oz from 2 plants.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Stoner notes and stuff

Now that space is no issue with two plants gone and more going soon I am gonna flip the CLHP and the little NL shrub tonight and rearrange a little. I have room to keep all three Mimms if they are all girls, and with the longer veg I expet them to show sooner.

I can shove the Zkittles auto in 12/12 as well if I wanted to empty the veg closet, but my electric bill without the heat or AC was $160 last month. Spring and Fall are awesome.

I can play with the light cycle until I need the space for something other than the auto though...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
More stoner stuff. Everyone talks about elite cuts, and I truely think I have one with the Homecoming Queen unless every bean is fire. For the record it was the ONLY girl in a 13-pack which was why I did the initial cloning.

So when I harvest it will be with an eye towards re-vegging. I have half a jar left, and 4 plants worth on the way. I can afford to sacrifice some lower buds to make it happen. With the goal of getting one of the four to put out clone material.

I'm not one to keep mothers, but with mailing clones an option I want to get one back to @J.James so he can see what I found and how it compares to what he grew out. Then let him do whatever with it.

Listening to those podcasts is inspiring. I have grown enough weed of assorted qualities and stuff that I think I can recognize a winner. I have a hunch the Grapefruit is a winner. but I popped two and they are the same. I think when I drop the rest of the pack they will rock too.

But I'm a bean dropper. I don't have the real estate to keep every plant I like - if I ever want to find new plants I like. And I also realize I am technically just a pheno-hunter. So when I drop testers I'll be dropping more and culling if needed, I have to separate the two in my head. I think having packs of un-dropped testers in my seedbank is a waste - since I can always ask for another damn pack if they rocked :rolleyes:
1622464084406.png
I want variety - chances are I'll get that in a pack of testers...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If anyone wonders why I put these notes down, go back and read the beginning of the thread. If I was to go back and look at some of that mess "what the hell was I thinking?" is not a question :)

But Since I have a good teacher and I seem to be learning well, any mistakes I make should be out there for everyone to learn from. I have had some really stupid ideas :ROFLMAO:

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I've been listening to a bunch of interviews and podcasts hosting Breeder Steve. He did work out in Canada in the 90's and some of the stories about his gear moving around the Minneapolis area made me wonder if I smoked his herb.

Shishkaberry and Sweet Tooth are on my list to find.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've been listening to a bunch of interviews and podcasts hosting Breeder Steve. He did work out in Canada in the 90's and some of the stories about his gear moving around the Minneapolis area made me wonder if I smoked his herb.

Shishkaberry and Sweet Tooth are on my list to find.
I'm leaning towrds finding some of the old classics, or dropping cash on the new stuff bred by the original breeders that have the old stuff. Skunk VA, Brothers Grimm, Duke Diamond, etc. but now with prices what they are I want to stick to finding the original gangsta stuff. Or the stuff bred by the orignals.

I am new to the game, but I am in it for the long haul -I have enough weed to get high... I want to be that connoisseur, like a wine taster - that can pick up on stuff like that. But there's so much copycat stuff I'm taking my timme and doing my research. Like, Zkittles is a fun high, I like it. But I had an auto, from Seedsman, and I have no clue if they were the creator of Zkittles or if they were just on the bandwagon. I want to get beans of the original. Stuff like that.

But the Chemdawg and other strains that are in almost everything are the ones I want to try a pack of.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think I have it sorted in my mind now, so I don't waste money on every new drop. Watch a few breeders for new stuff. Try some classics and see if I want to watch those breeders. Some people like different highs. Breeders breed for highs they like (hopefully). I'm sure there are fantastic breeders that I just won't care for if I am honest about the $$$ I just dropped on a pck.

Not everyone likes Pink Floyd, but if you do, you don't want to listen to a cover band.