The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The 4th gear is sticky ;) Still haven't defeated the quick-dry problem but it's getting better. I got it to 4 days and its at about 25% weight so I'll be going back to the vacuum dry/cure. This is one of the smaller limbs.
IMG_4899.JPG
O like trimming it in this state instead of green. You can keep going at it to get that bowl-trimmer look, but I end up leaving a lot of the smaller sugar leaves that I would have snipped when green.
IMG_4897.JPG
I'm still working on the smell, and I'll probably end up trying some before I'm done, but it smells good. This has more of a sour diesel smell than the diesel that's curing. I never smelled Motorbreath but I get the idea it wasn't berries :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
4th Gear is mostly dry.
IMG_4902.JPG
I had guessed at the weight of the stems and deducted that from the 725g wet total. I came up with a guestimate of 685g wet which would translate to 137g of dry bud.

Without stems it weighs right at 140g :) Probably be down to about 135 when it's cured. 103/73days, 8-top manifold in a 5gal pot - almost 5oz dry total.

These flowers smelled like sugary sweetness until the last few days of before I chopped her, then it got ripe LOL It is dankness now, sour gasoline. I already burned some Royal Mystery this morning so I'm going to wait a bit to try this.
IMG_4903.JPG
Just over a quarter-bag of little larf nugs, everything else should be from quarter to ping-pong ball size. Got a gram of scissor hash I'm letting dry out a bit, and I'll dry-sift the trim later. I was amazed at how sticky the scissors got trimming dry leaves and stems.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What is in the tray I play with to satisfy my curiosity, so I have about 130g drying/curing. I still have the dry-sift from my Paradise Diesel #1 harvest so I'll probably be Decarbing both this week and figuring out what to do with it - I already have about a pound of budder in the fridge/freezer, and a small bottle of infused olive oil....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For anyone that hasn't figured this one out yet, scissor hash is cool - but it's not the best first taste.
When bucking and jarring I leave as much bud-stem on the stalk as possible. Afterwards. there are the little single pistillate calyxes left in the crotch of each node.
IMG_4903.JPG
Before I toss the stems I brush these off and they are plump little resin filled balls of goodness - with not near the cough you get from hash. They are basically mini-buds.
IMG_4905.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Here's a partial smoke report on the Royal Mystery. It's a mellow buzz, tasty. It could be an all-day smoke. Something I noticed that was cool was the color of the raw keif. I figured for a smoke report I should have the keif screen in just for an added descriptor. The RM is not a frosty bitch, she's hairy - but there is some hidden goodness under the hairs. This is from about a quarter bag I ground up.
IMG_4909.JPG
I thought it looked dark, so I dumped some out the previous grinder-keif assortment out beside it - It looks like caramel, or beach sand compared to the other stuff.
IMG_4911.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Luckily whatever he/she had going on wasn't affecting the other plants. No seeds on the PD or the 4G unless they are hidden in the buds - there were none in any of the lower nugs I set aside for early smoke.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Change of plans for the next drop. Still running the BBFxJB testers as a lot.

But I have 8 different reggie strains and I want to run all of them. Instead of me selecting which strain or strains to start with I'll let nature choose. I'll hold off on running a fem, and run one each of the following:
1577403070119.png
So @Phylex , @HydroRed , and @SCJedi will have an equal shot - @Schwaggy P will have the best chance of getting some free promo time :) Whatever is female gets run, and doesn't get dropped next time.

If SchwaggyP or SC Jedi has any issues with the names I dubbed the crosses, speak now or forever hold your peace like, speak later or something. I'm just saving p-touch tape LOL.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
4th Gear - Day 4 of drying

When I roll it out of the vacuum container I let it set on my sift tray until it feels dry to the touch again, then re-vacuum. Just based on 130g (about 4.5oz) setting in a 12x12 area, the density is nice.
IMG_4919.JPG