The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I share everything, good and bad. I woke up to this
IMG_6232.JPG
Maybe I should have run more seeds in the cubes. I think I went to soil too quick and it leeched the water from the cube - before the roots got out.
I soaked the cubes on all four about an hour ago and the left-hand BHP is perking up, so I may have caught it in time. Next time I wait on roots to exit cubes - lesson learned.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I share everything, good and bad. I woke up to this
View attachment 52898
Maybe I should have run more seeds in the cubes. I think I went to soil too quick and it leeched the water from the cube - before the roots got out.
I soaked the cubes on all four about an hour ago and the left-hand BHP is perking up, so I may have caught it in time. Next time I wait on roots to exit cubes - lesson learned.
OMG similar issue last nite. I usually put perlite under my rockwool for clones in case the roots come shooting out bottom. Forgot to saturate the soil and this morning noticed the cubes dry to touch! Lesson learned

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I was tempted to pull them out and put the cubes back in a tray - but I have killed more plants by fucking with them than I have by not watering them.
So true, back in the day I swear I was better at cloning. Now I am trying wayyyy to hard to get everything perfect it's becoming negative

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So true, back in the day I swear I was better at cloning. Now I am trying wayyyy to hard to get everything perfect it's becoming negative
I had about two months growing out my last plants without dropping anything. I have over 100 seeds from the SOG party-cup plant I grew. I tried the 4, they sprouted fine, I called it good. But I kept them in the tray for a week and before I tossed them I saw a taproot out of the bottom.

I should have dropped all 100, and tried ten different things to see what worked best.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
If I have to re-drop they are going right to soil and I may play with the cube thing more.
I used to think that u can't oversaturate rockwool. Man was I wrong. It almost seems that the less water the better in them obviously not to the point it weighs nothing but man when u do it right there is no better way jmho

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I used to think that u can't oversaturate rockwool. Man was I wrong. It almost seems that the less water the better in them obviously not to the point it weighs nothing but man when u do it right there is no better way jmho
Never did rockwool. These might be the same. In the tray I didn't add any water until they drank it. The surface tension against the tray bottom kept the water in the cube until then. Moving it to soil let the soil absorb the water. Probably end up with soil that is too damp if It keeps doing that as I keep soaking the cube.

It was just a bad idea - no worries.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The reason I still want to figure out the cubes is that I am still 100% on seedlings with no helmet heads, and no seed-skins sticking the coty's together.

I am thinking that trimming them to rapid-rooter size/shape might be the thing.

Big Perm

Budtender
My main concern was that the cubes have no food unless you add it. The soil has food.

Get roots out of cube into soil sooner - less worries.

Don't rush it...
They don't need food for about the first week, js. Surely you have a little something you can splash in the water. 2g Calcium Nitrate per gal would do wonders for your garden.