Veterans Day

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My pops chooses the elegance of Golden Corral.
I did a 26 year sentence, but parole is great and the pension pays my bills and grows my weed.

It was a job. A great job at times and a very shitty job at times, but no one thanks a sewer worker - couldn't pay me to do that job.

What gets me is the people that just say it out of habit if they see some of the "ex" clothes we wear. Hats especially.

We don't wear those so some civilian can say thank you - we wear them to find each other at walmart LOL

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I did a 26 year sentence, but parole is great and the pension pays my bills and grows my weed.

It was a job. A great job at times and a very shitty job at times, but no one thanks a sewer worker - couldn't pay me to do that job.

What gets me is the people that just say it out of habit if they see some of the "ex" clothes we wear. Hats especially.

We don't wear those so some civilian can say thank you - we wear them to find each other at walmart LOL
Yeah, I get a little weirded out when people thank me for my service. Especially when it’s someone who’s just saying it because they think it’s the “in” thing to do.

D

Deleted member 60

It's a tightrope, for sure. My bro-in-law got all weird one year about us telling him "Thank You"...so I don't say shit now to anybody.

Kinda pissed me off....and I told him so....cus I was a machinist and made firing pins for 50mm cannons and rifles for Remington the entire time he was in the service (80's) and I never heard any Thank yous for making his bullets (OK...he was an office grunt...LOL)

And my best buddy was career Navy during Desert Storm/etc....but was stationed in Thailand. He entered the pic rather than going to JAIL for possession of weed/coke/acid. THAT'S what funny to me about the blanket. Not everyone under it was a gem....many were rotten fruit that society gave one last chance/choice to. He was just as strung out in the Military as he was in civilian life.

And yeah...he's dead now. I think the VA gave him enough pills to ride the ride. Nobody ever really said...but in knowing him so very well...I know that's what did him in. Crazy shit....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yeah, I get a little weirded out when people thank me for my service. Especially when it’s someone who’s just saying it because they think it’s the “in” thing to do.
I think it's more of a "see how observant I am? I recognized your hat and I am saying thank you so you can be impressed with me."

The cashier is a prime example. They feel the need to say something so that's an easy way out and it puts the ball in your court.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Let me be clear to a few of you, I don't say it because it's the in thing.
I say it because I mean it. Maybe with the exception of HAF, maybe that suits you better!
I'm pretty cynical when it comes to peoples motives. No hate involved, just skepticism. If I saw you in person the meaning behind the words would be more obvious. I just speak from experience and there'a a lot of people that just say the words.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I have great respect for those who served! My USAA insurance and a wonderful life is because of the military. Therefore I will never be ashamed of honoring veterans.
Ya I've never been in military but father was in Army many moons ago...
But if you are very appreciative of what military people hadta go threw , how else are u supposed to show gratitude, if not by simply saying thanks for everything they've done???
Sorry, I'm not getting on my knees,
If I say it, I mean it...?
So like u said, I won't b made a fool, by simply saying thank u to any military I see....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ya I've never been in military but father was in Army many moons ago...
But if you are very appreciative of what military people hadta go threw , how else are u supposed to show gratitude, if not by simply saying thanks for everything they've done???
Sorry, I'm not getting on my knees,
If I say it, I mean it...?
So like u said, I won't b made a fool, by simply saying thank u to any military I see....
I wasn't trying to start a thing. I know from paying attention there are quite a few of us on here that did at least one tour. Just in this setting it's kind of wierd. No one has a real name, half of us are growing in illegal states, and that is getting into the personal info thing we try to steer clear of in general.