Skunk Hunters

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I had a 69 Nova with a 3-speed stick. Small block 350, edelbrock manifolds, thrush glaspacks for "mufflers" - basically enything with a cool window sticker got added "Big fat tires and everything..." I didn't work on cars though. My buddy did and I provided the parts and smoke.

I found out that th Nova was never popular in Mexco because the name translates to no va in Spanish - "it doesn't go" :LOL:
GM and the things they forgot in marketing.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I never had the need for speed. I was more ''slow and luxurious'' than ''fast and furious''. In the late 90s I had a '94 Deville with a ridiculous stereo that got totaled in a storm. I found the Fleetwood Brougham of my dreams in Washington state soon after I joined and drove that big girl across the country twice.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I never had the need for speed. I was more ''slow and luxurious'' than ''fast and furious''. In the late 90s I had a '94 Deville with a ridiculous stereo that got totaled in a storm. I found the Fleetwood Brougham of my dreams in Washington state soon after I joined and drove that big girl across the country twice.
buddy of mine had a 68 vw, we made several trips to,new orleans in that thing, 1 trip it broke the return spring for the throdle linkage we tore the elastic bands off our underware and drove to new orleans.i hated that car!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It wasn't about the speed for me except for the occasional sprint - it was the power. Also, the fact that you fould fill the tank and get a pack of smokes for $5 and get change.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I still try to figure out how all the shit got done back then with out cell phones... Like how did every one find out about the keg party?
That was the purpose of having a slick, recognizable cruiser. Party nights if you weren't organizing something you were cruising all the hangout spots looking for other cars you knew and finding out what was going on.

Watch Dazed and Confused (again lol) - that's how it was. Oh, and if you had weed you pretty much stayed home by the phone and the party would find you. No pagers either yet. Dropping a dime on someone came from that being the cost of a local call on the payphone to narc on them.

But no one was sitting home glued to the TV or internet. There were only a few channels, no cable. So people were generally out doing something, and other people saw them. and everyone in a small town knew everyone else that mattered.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
It wasn't about the speed for me except for the occasional sprint - it was the power. Also, the fact that you fould fill the tank and get a pack of smokes for $5 and get change.
those old big 4 door cars were a bargin back then 600 to about1200. and you were rideing in style. couldnt buy the same year monty carlo for that money .

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
That was the purpose of having a slick, recognizable cruiser. Party nights if you weren't organizing something you were cruising all the hangout spots looking for other cars you knew and finding out what was going on.

Watch Dazed and Confused (again lol) - that's how it was. Oh, and if you had weed you pretty much stayed home by the phone and the party would find you. No pagers either yet. Dropping a dime on someone came from that being the cost of a local call on the payphone to narc on them.

But no one was sitting home glued to the TV or internet. There were only a few channels, no cable. So people were generally out doing something, and other people saw them. and everyone in a small town knew everyone else that mattered.
true!

You got a lifetime supply of seed to grow out now. lol
Do that every run for the next 20 years and then see how many you end up with.
Goal is to never run out 😉

The tray above is less than 1% of the total.
The actual haul is ridiculous... I'm keeping 25% as backup and will pop as many as I can during winter, to then open pollinate the keepers next summer. Aim is to have 200 keepers lol

SimpleJak

Tugg Speedman
Was searching through the web and I found this as a possible Skunk Strain. Sounds like an intriguing back story. I don't know anything about the seller or legitimacy, but thought I should post this here in case it is helpful.