The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
One of the last two Hollyweed had a pre-flower growth that could have gone either way. I looked tonight and the first thing I saw was a pistil! Then I noticed it had no growth there so I looked at the other limb - nut.

I guess if yer gonna herm getting it right out of the way is pretty awesome?

Been waiting to pot and flip stuff until I sexed those and after dumping the other dudes the roots have plenty of room. I have the Headbanger that needs to go since I am not flipping it. I may turn some of those 2 limb clones into manifold-tybe 4-tops and just snip them again when they're ready.

But some o the clones i 1/2g [pots need to be flipped or up-potted.

Nothing is dying of thirst so I get to sort that type of stuff on the off days

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I took 4 clones from the FB68 and 2 from the Headline (top left), and they flip tonight after getting new pots. I pruned all the lower growth and fan leaves off most of the clones to get limbs growing, and I noticed that the little 2-top clones I have established are the begining of a mainline/manifold. Game on. I topped those a node past where they'll eventually be topped. Extra limbs to have keeper clones while flipping the donor. That is a way to keep a plant growing slower while I wait to try the moms. I may actually start planning for that. The Dirty Taxi 2 top that took well (front left) is gonna be a tree. She was short and stubby then over about a week stretched like mad
IMG_0056.JPG
Fucked up thing is I got one 4th Gear and one HC x RS, and both are fucked. The BNP was the upside down one that I flipped and she survived, so not a great comparison to where the other two should be - they should be farther along - no fucking leaves on either.
IMG_0054.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
From the original auction on here I am poppig 10 Double Dawg Biscuits F2 from Headstash Genetics [Cookies 'n' Chem x Purple Stardawg]
From County Line I have 10 Oilspill, 8 Pepe Le Pew and 8 4th Gear x White Larry Dragon. Still a few days before the new moon but I am splitting the difference. These are older and I am not counting on great germination. But if they go crazy it changes my plans on dropping something else. I'll get an idea based on tails I see or don't see tomorrow night.

I am letting them soak the entire 24hrs unless I see a bunch of poppers.

If I only end up with a handful of plants I am dropping another 6-pack of fems.

One Chemdog to check a second pheno against the first, another Flashback from each pack (I'll have three different orders, and the most recent will be an unknown as to which mom applied. Or donor - whatever.

pack 1 was the freebies under the Monkeydog branding with cool graphics on he pack.
Packs 2 and 3 were direct from him insread of through Dagga and I know have the most recent Jack Herer Lemon Skunk participant wihout the Mazar component. That mom was lost so I have a popped one and abou 10 more and can get as many more as I want.
Packs 4 and 5 are a mystery. They are from Dagga, labeled as Greenway insead of Monkeydog, but no sure which batch of seeds its from.

I also got the Ricky Retardo (Lemon Drop x Jack Herer Lemon Skunk) which he says got it's name because that's what his wife calls him when he smokes it 😂

I also got them because he didn' have them on his website and they might be a one-off.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For what it's worth I heard rumor that the new iteration of the farm bill that had the .3% THC loophole for seed sales might be closing that loophole.

Seed sales won't stop, but the seedbanks the websites may go dark. Playing loopholes is one thing, doing illegal is another, and i don't think a lot of these people are gonna put it on the line.

I have enough to play with for the next several decades with no real change to my style. I'm getting to the end of the older beans I got that have transitioned between several different methods of storage. Granted all were increasingly better. But they were different.

After that was the shmeedsherenmeow year and those have been super sketch on germination.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
For what it's worth I heard rumor that the new iteration of the farm bill that had the .3% THC loophole for seed sales might be closing that loophole.

Seed sales won't stop, but the seedbanks the websites may go dark. Playing loopholes is one thing, doing illegal is another, and i don't think a lot of these people are gonna put it on the line.

I have enough to play with for the next several decades with no real change to my style. I'm getting to the end of the older beans I got that have transitioned between several different methods of storage. Granted all were increasingly better. But they were different.

After that was the shmeedsherenmeow year and those have been super sketch on germination.
I’ve been reading that they are closing the loophole for “hemp” by specifying the forms of THC instead of it just saying “THC”. I’ve also read that they were talking about adding a restriction for seeds that came from plants that produce more than 0.3% but that seems pretty unenforceable to me. If they do that then seed vendors will probably just go back to putting the “for souvenir purposes only” bullshit on their packs.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I’ve been reading that they are closing the loophole for “hemp” by specifying the forms of THC instead of it just saying “THC”. I’ve also read that they were talking about adding a restriction for seeds that came from plants that produce more than 0.3% but that seems pretty unenforceable to me. If they do that then seed vendors will probably just go back to putting the “for souvenir purposes only” bullshit on their packs.
I always thought ''exotic bird seed'' was clever

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Right - but that doesn't stop them from initially busting down doors and killing your dog. And a court case with a decent attourney would break most people monetarily.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Right - but that doesn't stop them from initially busting down doors and killing your dog. And a court case with a decent attourney would break most people monetarily.
Oh, I hear ya, I just think it's going to be one of those laws that they only really use to add charges on to people they are busting for something more serious. I agree it's bullshit, though.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Oh, I hear ya, I just think it's going to be one of those laws that they only really use to add charges on to people they are busting for something more serious. I agree it's bullshit, though.
i've about decided that the bunch in washington , are way overdue to leave washington,too many of them drank the koolaid , from the devil's weed years !

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
What people don'tget is that the mish mash talk about rescheduling/descheduling/decriminalization etc. is just political gibberish.

The "farm bill" has welfare/foodstamps/EBT etc in it and it WILL pass and any changes WILL apply immediately.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
What people don'tget is that the mish mash talk about rescheduling/descheduling/decriminalization etc. is just political gibberish.

The "farm bill" has welfare/foodstamps/EBT etc in it and it WILL pass and any changes WILL apply immediately.
the scheduling to class three , doesn't help free cannabis , from federal oversite ,it just adds more crap to a list too long to keep up with ,too many chichmunk holes for law enforcement to wiggle thru !

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For example - Dagga sells beans - period. They do not grow/make what they sell. They are a vendor. A vendor must advertise and having an easy way to order/contact them is a must.

That shit don't fly so high when it's illegal, even if you call it birdseed and say "don't germinate".
That's like saying "I just sell the crack, I don't say to smoke it"

But CSI still operates selling only what he made and you have to send him cash or a money order - he can exchange his website for an e-mail list and nothing changes. Through Dagga and their podcasts though I have found people like 707 seedbank and Greenway that operate like CSI.

Crazy story on the Greenway beans. I mailed him a check after placing the order. I also e-mailed the 'contact me' to ask a question - just to see if he would answer. He responded and asked what I ordered which is how I found out about the different lineage thing. He also must have been heading to the post office anyway because I got the order in about 3 days.

After about a month I noticed the check hadn't cleared. I e-mailed to ask because having a random $100 disappear a while later might be a mess. He said he never got it so I mailed him asecond one and it cleared in a few days.

The thing about this is that I already had plants ready to flip before I paid for the beans LOL

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
the scheduling to class three , doesn't help free cannabis , from federal oversite ,it just adds more crap to a list too long to keep up with ,too many chichmunk holes for law enforcement to wiggle thru !
Schedule 3 hands it over to big pharma, to sell their hemp-derived Delta-8, or whatever they can make with the biggest profit margin. It will be available in a pill from the CVS Pharmacy by prescription only and that is all.

And if Big Pharma is producing the pill, only Big Ag will be growing the flower for them.

So all currently legal dispo's craft growers, hash makers, large scale supply farms, etc ALL become illegal. Full stop. Cities built around this industry will die like Detroit did.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This should change nothing that the home grower does. It is only people trying to make a profit that need to worry.

Lets get back to everyone that wants it grows it or buys it from a friend that does - and lets treat it like the produce that it is.

Regulate it like tomatoes. Grow all the fuck you want, but if you want to sell it at the farmers market there's gonna be a fee, and if you want to sell it at the grocery there will be a few more hurdles.

Then get the fuck off my lawn and go chase criminals you lazy donut-eating shit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The basic problem is that hippies suck at politics. They sold the plant to the government as 'medicine' to stay out of prison instead of fighting for decriminalization. Never considered the unintended consequences of giving the government control of something.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Schedule 3 hands it over to big pharma, to sell their hemp-derived Delta-8, or whatever they can make with the biggest profit margin. It will be available in a pill from the CVS Pharmacy by prescription only and that is all.

And if Big Pharma is producing the pill, only Big Ag will be growing the flower for them.

So all currently legal dispo's craft growers, hash makers, large scale supply farms, etc ALL become illegal. Full stop. Cities built around this industry will die like Detroit did.
I'm really curious to see how it affects dispensaries. I've heard that states that have recreational dispensaries would still operate under the state law but people who have prescriptions would need to get them from actual doctors and they would need to pick up their prescription at an actual pharmacy.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
And, if that happens, then we'll see how many people actually use it for medical reasons instead of those who smoke it recreationally but tell everyone they are "medicating" :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
And, if that happens, then we'll see how many people actually use it for medical reasons instead of those who smoke it recreationally but tell everyone they are "medicating" :ROFLMAO:
If you smoke it to feel good it is medicine - period. They sell prescriptions for mood altering drugs.

It just doesn't need to be controlled by the government just because it hase medicinal value.

But a weed smoker just might not refill that opioid scrip, or that rittalin, or xanax, whatever. There's lobbyists to prevent that from becoming a thing.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
If you smoke it to feel good it is medicine - period. They sell prescriptions for mood altering drugs.

It just doesn't need to be controlled by the government just because it hase medicinal value.

But a weed smoker just might not refill that opioid scrip, or that rittalin, or whatever. There's lobbyists to prevent that from becoming a thing.
If you smoke it to manage pain, or help you eat, or deal with anxiety, etc. then I consider that medicinal use. I don't consider it medicinal when people smoke it daily to get baked and "feel better" any more than I would consider beer medicine when people drink it to get drunk every day to "feel better". I also agree that it doesn't need to be controlled b y the government to be considered medicine. I was just joking about people who refuse to just admit they use it recreationally and hide behind a medical card. I'm not arguing the fact that there are people who use it medicinally.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm not arguing the fact that there are people who use it medicinally.
And I am arguing the fact that if you use it it is a medicine, regardless of where your heads at. How can it be medicine for some and not for others?

Alcohol is medicine for no one. They stopped prescribing that a long time ago.