The James Gang

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
This should change nothing that the home grower does. It is only people trying to make a profit that need to worry.

Lets get back to everyone that wants it grows it or buys it from a friend that does - and lets treat it like the produce that it is.

Regulate it like tomatoes. Grow all the fuck you want, but if you want to sell it at the farmers market there's gonna be a fee, and if you want to sell it at the grocery there will be a few more hurdles.

Then get the fuck off my lawn and go chase criminals you lazy donut-eating shit.
that is where it should be just like the tomato !

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
that is where it should be just like the tomato !
what they don't want to admit is it should be priced similar to tomatoes. Especially for the shit they sell at dispos. Illegality and the consequences thereof were the ONLY thing that made pot get expensive.

In the old seedbank catalogs from the early 90's, maybe even 80's a pack of regular seeds cost the same as it does today. You could buy a fold-n-close sandwich bag of decent flower for $100 for the good stuff. Illegality made the $8k/lb (and more) thing possible

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
👆The reason a lot of big grow ops failed was that they were basing their business model and budget on selling those $4-5k pounds - and legal weed ain't worth that. You have overhead expenses, not the possibiility of prosecution and being buried under the prison. Legal weed is more expensive to produce because of all the regulations, which for some reason had to be created weed-specific instead of just carried over from an existing industry - like tobacco which is also combusted and inhaled.

So you start with the expenses of regulatory compliance. then there's inspection fees to prove you are compliant, fines or delays if you aren't.
Then there's the expense of growing - after you have paid the taxes for the size canopy you plan to grow. Then there's the actual grow expenses, then harvesting and curing, then testing, then packaging and labelling, then changing the labels because the regs changed - or because you operate in 2 legal states that have different requirements. Then there's hoping you get a decent price from the middleman that supplies the dispo's,

etc.

No way to sell weed at a price that compensates those expenses in the long run.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
But in my opinion it never should have been something where big-wigs were looking at profit margins. Maybe a few big producers growing mids for the walmart people to buy with their PBR. But you can't out-cheap RJ Reynolds so you may get one or two local "sam adams" brands of flower then a ton of midsy boof.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I actually got on here to make a note that the wren couple is back. they are sprucing up the old nest and probably laying eggs soon. the girl got mad yesterday because I was out in the garden about 10 feet from the door to the nest. she screetched at me for a few minutes flying to different spots on my roof edge then said fuck it and flew in with a stick or something. Already saw the dude chasing a chipmunk away so it's good to have them around again.

I have a pair of finches in a nest on the front porch.

fucking worthless, noisy, shitters. And they eat seed not bugs.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
My Chem91 S1 cut is interesting. The potency is definitely there, but the chemical smell is not. Maybe that comes whith the leaf-eating thing.

I am hoping I didn't put it away too early or something and it cured funky but it's super smooth and smells of peanut butter.
I think this is earlier than they started getting done first time. The 60-day harvest being the most potent might actually apply to the clones. But I am thinking that is on the pheno that eats itself because that is about when it starts to do the cannibal thing.
IMG_0074.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
put 36 beans from 4 strains in soil earlier. No blatant tails but they all sank. Who knows. It was 10 each of the Double Dawg Biscuits and the Oilspill, and 8 each of the Pepe Le Pew and 4th Gear x White Larry Dragon.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'll base the next fem drop on what I see when the mail shows up Saturday. Plus whether or not there are freebies that jump in line.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
what they don't want to admit is it should be priced similar to tomatoes. Especially for the shit they sell at dispos. Illegality and the consequences thereof were the ONLY thing that made pot get expensive.

In the old seedbank catalogs from the early 90's, maybe even 80's a pack of regular seeds cost the same as it does today. You could buy a fold-n-close sandwich bag of decent flower for $100 for the good stuff. Illegality made the $8k/lb (and more) thing possible
I agree but small batch indoor grown would need to sell for more if you want to actually make some money. Outdoor doesn’t cost shit to grow, though, compared to indoor.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I actually got on here to make a note that the wren couple is back. they are sprucing up the old nest and probably laying eggs soon. the girl got mad yesterday because I was out in the garden about 10 feet from the door to the nest. she screetched at me for a few minutes flying to different spots on my roof edge then said fuck it and flew in with a stick or something. Already saw the dude chasing a chipmunk away so it's good to have them around again.

I have a pair of finches in a nest on the front porch.

fucking worthless, noisy, shitters. And they eat seed not bugs.
little wren is 3/4 chicken hawk in his mind !the finch is just a showboat .

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
put 36 beans from 4 strains in soil earlier. No blatant tails but they all sank. Who knows. It was 10 each of the Double Dawg Biscuits and the Oilspill, and 8 each of the Pepe Le Pew and 4th Gear x White Larry Dragon.
big tent full!