The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I want to make enough beans to share, but not to start a company. I'll want enough to germ test everything, then keep a few of each to run out and check the smoke and make sure they aren't a Chiquita-fest., then have enough to send out to whoever wants some. I'll keep each of the F1 plants beans separate in case some moms have bad tendencies and some dont.

I made my life simpler and just culled the #1 and #3 moms. #2 can wait until I get to smoke the MacFish before I start cloning (or not). If the #2 nanners before being done looking I don't care what the clones in flower do. Maybe one of the chuck plants won't. I'll keep the mom I have and ler her catch pollen and have a ton for sprouted seed teas if nothing else.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The last Taxi nannered out tonight. Seems 9 weeks is the limit. I think there may be something that makes the plants want to keep growing. The humidity has been a little higher for summer but still in the high 50's. The ambient temp is likely higher than in winter with less difference between night and day, but not drastic.

With both that and the Chemdog showing that tendency I can put a whole tent and a few more plants on the clock for when I'll likely be pulling them. For chuck-planning purposes that should be good.

I got a few 10gal pots and after the clean-up I might stick all the seeded Taxi in one pot.

The only thing up in the air is the lone remaining Chem-n-koffee. Still nothing.

The Hollyweed x TKM10 clone is revegging. The Corey's Crush are stretching enough I could take one...

A lot will depend on the smoke test on the MacFish in a few days. If I'm cloning anyway what's another few snips?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
This is what I had before lights out. The back left is the Dirty Taxi and she's getting stretchy. I think I am going to pass on taking clones and just prune her back for a bit. I want a good size shrub to make beans and I still don't know if the nanner tendency is gonna pass to the clones. I think flipping early is likely one of the stressors I put on them all, and some strains might hold it against me more than others. I think I can wait another 3-5 days to smoke on that MacFish (front left) andd decide if I want to keep her at all. I still have a pack of the beans left but if it's amazing I might want one to catch pollen. The Chem91 clone back center is just a pretty plant; nice and compact but not crowded looking. And she still doesn't have the chubby, stubby, thick, jagged '91 leaves. I have one new bean going so I am excited to see them side by side eventyally.
IMG_0495.JPG
I have been watering roughly every third day in flower, and except for babies I top off the veg plants then. Anything I can put in the water for flower can get watered into veg. Not vice versa. If there's kelp in it putting it in flowering plants makes them keep flowering.

This is the Hollyweed x TKM10 flower clone. Right at 3 weeks to show good reveg. The mom looks interesting but nothing special. But she also as not producing bulk flowers either. Keeping this clone, and possibly taking a Corey's Crush and a Chem-n-Koffee will be the same as the MacFish. I might just want more of that smoke. Those were small freebie packs so if I get a girl that's all there is. If it's mids, it's mids.
IMG_0488.JPG
In the first pic there are a few skinny looking seedlings but all the Greenway look beefy, and the clones along the edge are stretching nicely. Based on the smells from mom I have a keeper. The headbanger is hanging out to catch pollen just because. I have more and likely he has more if I like it.
IMG_0489.JPG
The Oilspill and the CSI UK Cheese cross are all skinny plants. One of the Oilspill is a mutard,
IMG_0491.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm going with the marigold thing. I have a dwarf, early flowerng variety I just started a flat of with the intention os adding them to up-pots. Since seeds are super easy to save and start I t might be the best addition to the cover crop. Root interaction and whatnot. I have a few other varieties to see how they do in small pots compared to what the pack says. Still no sex on the Chem-n-Koffee
IMG_0505.JPG
The jumbled tent is looking lush. I took the big fans of the FB68 and it is just making more.
IMG_0504.JPG
The Taxi tent is now all clones,
IMG_0502.JPG
The #2 top. If all the un-topped clones run like this I'll smoke a nanner all day. The spruce. Takes up no space, and dense nuggies all the way to the pot.
IMG_0503.JPG
The first one that finished had two of those little trunk-nugs about the size of a pea that grew out under the cover crop in complete shade. It's only been 4 days but those were dry so I gave it a taste and was impressed. Maybe if the chuck doesn't work out I let some nanners pop and see if I can get me some fem seeds ;) Get an earlier clone in there to catch the late pollen so the seeds have time to mature and YAHTZEE! 🤪
The MacFish has weight to her, so she'll last a bit. Not flowering another. The smoke will determine the status of the shrub in the veg tent.
IMG_0506.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I sprouted some alfalfa for a veg specific tea for watering, and used that for cloning. I just soaked the snips in the feed water, then into a mix with 1/3 castings and 2/3 finely sifted seed starter soil. I razored the ends at at least one node, a few it was two close ones, then into the pre-moistened mix. If it woeks it works, but the plants were getting too big for their britches.