Post a pic

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Just finished bucking this winters firewood.
View attachment 130629

The saw was running good so I got in the groove. Now my lower back is on fire. Maybe it's time for a saw with more hair so I can run a longer bar
Even before I read your statement looking at the pic, I thought "my back hurts just looking at that".
I used to live in a place that had a crappy fireplace insert, we would burn 15 cords of wood a winter.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Just finished bucking this winters firewood.
View attachment 130629

The saw was running good so I got in the groove. Now my lower back is on fire. Maybe it's time for a saw with more hair so I can run a longer bar
36" bar is a must for doing any serious firewood cutting in my opinion.
My buddy would let me use his 064 with a 3' bar, heavy saw but it balanced good for me!
I got my wood for free, just had to cut as much for him as I was cutting for myself.
I figured I cut over 200 cords in the 7 year period I lived at that place.

Streetpro09

Tester
A little baby Stihl MS250 with an 18'' bar. I look forward to retiring it to limbing branches and slashing brush/saplings
I'm more a husqvarna kinda guy but each to their own. You only have one saw? You need at least 4-5 for firewood. 🤣😂

Seriously though a 60cc saw is about right for firewood. Can pick up an older one for $300 or so. If you find a good one they're just as good as new or better quality.

How many cord do you usually go thru a year? What kinda stove you got?