Post a pic

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Hog Killin weather incoming! Great time of year
scald em and start scrapein hair, i always wound up on the wrong end of the grinder, makeing sausage ground or link style ,i wound up on the crank handle.
i must agree, even tho i can't spell the word ,i still love the pics of the area , a lot !i will have to agree with @Fiddler's Green on this one ( great looking country)completely!

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Beautiful pics!
I wish I could see these lands in person.
I have been as far west as Devils Tower. I went to South Dakota 2x back in the early 90's on fishing trips. First trip happened to line up with the Sturgis bike rally.
We(dumbasses) pulled a pop-up camper from Ohio to Sylvan Lake SD. 1500 miles?
Had a flat after crossing over into Indiana or Illinois at 3 in the morning and no spare. Had to drop the camper and find a place to get another tire before we went on. Hell of a way to start a fishin' trip. lol
The second time, we flew. Fuck that camper bs. lol
We left Columbus airport 7am and at 5pm that evening, I was standing in a trout stream outside Rapid City.
We caught 56 trout in 3 days and trashed a "fucking purple" Sunburst rental car, going from fishin' hole to fishin' hole all through the "Black Hills".
Beautiful area!

Note) You should never turn a couple "hillbillys" loose in a tiny purple car for the weekend. Hahaha!
That was the last time I actually went on a trip in over 30 years.
Now, I just sit and watch other people's lives from my old broken recliner. lol
Thanks for these great pics!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 130401View attachment 130401
getting the cast iron bath ready to scald our piggies 🐷
at first i thought you were working on a outdoor hot tub ,then my old skull caught on, to the colder weather and being the time of year ,after the piggie bath, comment!pawpaw always had at least 6 to 10 of us scrapeing hair ,i liked the sugar /salt cure .i liked the smoke house type work spent many hours ,rubbing sugar cure and salt cure on hams and such, layed outin rows, on sheet of tin, and the smells comeing from the smoke house were great!

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
Beautiful pics!
I wish I could see these lands in person.
I have been as far west as Devils Tower. I went to South Dakota 2x back in the early 90's on fishing trips. First trip happened to line up with the Sturgis bike rally.
We(dumbasses) pulled a pop-up camper from Ohio to Sylvan Lake SD. 1500 miles?
Had a flat after crossing over into Indiana or Illinois at 3 in the morning and no spare. Had to drop the camper and find a place to get another tire before we went on. Hell of a way to start a fishin' trip. lol
The second time, we flew. Fuck that camper bs. lol
We left Columbus airport 7am and at 5pm that evening, I was standing in a trout stream outside Rapid City.
We caught 56 trout in 3 days and trashed a "fucking purple" Sunburst rental car, going from fishin' hole to fishin' hole all through the "Black Hills".
Beautiful area!

Note) You should never turn a couple "hillbillys" loose in a tiny purple car for the weekend. Hahaha!
That was the last time I actually went on a trip in over 30 years.
Now, I just sit and watch other people's lives from my old broken recliner. lol
Thanks for these great pics!
Lol sounds like a great adventure! That tiny purple car has probably seen some shit man haha.

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
at first i thought you were working on a outdoor hot tub ,then my old skull caught on, to the colder weather and being the time of year ,after the piggie bath, comment!pawpaw always had at least 6 to 10 of us scrapeing hair ,i liked the sugar /salt cure .i liked the smoke house type work spent many hours ,rubbing sugar cure and salt cure on hams and such, layed outin rows, on sheet of tin, and the smells comeing from the smoke house were great!
You just made me hungry!